This is Episode 5 of The Orbit, which premiered on November 2, 2020 on www.twitch.tv/poker and featured the following four
– Toby Bentall (CEO, Oddschecker Global Media, parent company of PokerNews)
– Tony G (Former Member of European Parliament, high stakes TV poker personality)
– Kristen Bicknell (3x WSOP bracelet winner, 3x GPI Ladies POY, partypoker ambassador)
– Adam Pliska (President, World Poker Tour)
0:26 | Show Introduction
0:54 | Panelist introductions
2:32 | Consolidation of multiple poker brands under fewer larger umbrellas; good for players?
18:23 | How can communication between poker’s operators and players be improved?
35:09 | BREAK
35:33 | What role do High Roller events play in the poker industry?
58:01 |What will live poker look like in 2021?
1:12:45 | Does it matter as far as poker is concerned who wins the US Presidential election?
Cardplayer Lifestyle founder Robbie Strazynski serves as host and moderator for the show, which aims to elicit several unique perspectives on a number of hot button issues in the poker world today. Topics brought up for discussion in the pilot episode
– Over the past few years, there have been a number of mega mergers in the gaming industry – both online and brick & mortar – that have united lots of poker-facing brands under fewer, larger umbrellas. Is this consolidation good for players as far as the offerings they have available? Is it good for one company to control so many brands?
– We live in a time where it’s easier than ever before to communicate. Press releases, social media, forums, discord servers, dedicated media outlets; the options are endless. Communication between operators and poker players is so critically important, but sometimes it’s not done as well as it should be. How can we improve that?
– What role do High Roller events play in the industry? Is it primarily to cater to the players or, alternatively, to fans and for brand marketing purposes? Maybe it’s just a great way to generate additional revenue? What are your thoughts?
– Looking ahead to 2021, what do you envision for the future of live poker?
– Of course the United States has a big election coming up. As far as live and online poker are concerned, does it matter who wins the election? If so, in what way?
The Orbit is must-watch viewing for all manner of poker fans, recreational and professional players, and members of our industry. So, after you’ve given it a watch, please share your feedback in the comments section as well as on other social media channels using #TheOrbit to help spread the word.
If you enjoy the video, and want to see more content like this then make sure to like the video and subscribe if you are new. thank you!
Gambling is strictly 18+ or the legal age in your jurisdiction.
Gamble responsibly, and never play with money you can’t afford to lose.